Week 7- Storytelling and Screencasting

with 2 Comments

There are a lot of methods that we can use for back up of our laptop information. The lecture motioned that we should save information in three different ways. In my opinion, saving information off-site is the most useful and safe method. Most of off-site storage can get the permission that upload information automatically. Another advantage of off-site storage is easy to searching information.

Storytelling

I love listening other people tell stories. My ability of story telling is not very attractive. When I try to tell a story to someone, I am really good at knowing my audience preference. However, I am bad at build the story structure. Sometime, I will tell the same detail multiple times, and always told the ending in the middle of story.

Attractive Education Video

The Screencasting video is the most attractive foe me. Because most of Screencasting video I will follow their steps and transfer to my own knowledge or knowledge. For example, some video will show how to get a free lecture book or create a new account of some interesting websites.

Not very Attractive Education Video

Whiteboard and Khan-academy style education videos is the most boring videos for me. I am not very interested in learning new knowledge. Most of these kind of videos will teach people new academic knowledge. I always lack of patient of learning academic knowledge.

My Screencasting Video

In this video I showed people how we can easily find UVic Brightspace and use it.

2 Responses

1. saelex
    |

Loved your screencasting, I find Brightspace is so confusing and this is a great video on instruction on how to work through it. Make sure when showing videos like this go into more details, like how to find certain content or what brightspace is used for. As an informational video can be as long as 3 mins. Great job on it.

2. qixingyu
    |

Hi Queenie,
    Thank you for sharing your screencasting, it is useful especially for students they are not good at using brightspace. Storytelling is a difficult process when people just started about it. Maybe you can try build a structure first and then telling other people.