Week 11- Future of Multimedia

with 2 Comments

Experience of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality

For augmented reality (AR), I usually use this technology in smartphone apps such as Pokemon Go, google maps etc. When I open the AP mode of Pokemon Go, I found this game become more reality. The characters in game seems they become a true thing around me. For google map, the AR mode shows a clearer form of navigation. However, I didn’t have much experience of virtual reality. This is a relatively new technology for me. The only time I have touched in VR was I watched a short VR video at a shopping more. It required me to wear on a VR glass for the reality feeling. in conclusion, VR is more expensive than AR technology.

I would like to choose AR in a part of lesson if it is possible. I would like to let students use their phones to measure the length and width of the common tools we use in class such as laptops, pencils, desks etc. This increase much fun of class and also letting them know some common knowledge.

Social Media in Life

Social media is a large part of my life. In nowadays, books, newspaper, textbooks even magazines can read on a smart phone. I usually at least twenty times per day for using instagram looking my friend posts. I also spend a lot of time on TikTok because the videos on it is so much fun. Once I opened that app, I cannot stopped in 2 hours. However, social medias also can be used in study. For example, me and my lan partners created a study group though instagram, we can use the chat group to discuss things that we confused. In my opinion, social media should not be used in class because most students cannot control them for not focus on social media.

In my study area biology, some professor use TikTok to share common bugs, plants and animals to people. This is interesting because these videos can help gain new knowledge and help people know the ecosystem better.

2 Responses

1. qixingyu
    |

Hi Queenie, thank you for sharing your idea. This is my first time to know google map can use AR. I will try google map AR next time, this may helps navigation easier.

2. saelex
    |

Love how you explain AR and VR really well, especially how you would use AR in a classroom setting.